BAT vs. Quicksilver

I am contemplating selling my VK-60 for a different tube amp. The Quicksilver V4 mono's grabbed my eye, I like the 120 watt power rating & really want to run mono's. How do they compare to the BAT? I originally planned on buying another VK-60 & running a pair mono but don't know if I can really afford too. Also does the BAT need to be sent in for the mono conversion?

My system consists of VR4 jr's, MIT & DC Labs cables, Parasound transport & Benchmark DAC for a passive pre-amp. I listen to rock music only. I love the Bat but need MUCH more power.
fishwater
On that note (Tubes108), we had a 6C33C tube that was bad when we purchased the Quickie Triodes. We are the second owners of the amps. Mike Sanders informed me that he now uses bias stabilizers so that the tubes stay more easily within the proper bias range, thus lasting even longer. It takes about 30 seconds to bias all four. When I replaced the tube, I asked Mike if the socket should be replaced as well--I also had heard that some amps require this--and he said, "Well, I sure would expect that the socket would last a lot longer than the tube." As you might guess, I did not replace the socket.
Enjoy!

Howard
Another option worth exploring if you can afford are the cj premier 350 SS amp. This is a great sounding amp with that tube like mids and highs and SS bipolar bass to control the woofers. sounds great with rock and electronic music.
try to listen to one, I think you will be surprised.
Having had an episode with an amplifier company that embodied customer service at its worst, I have to tip my hat to the point Tubes108 makes.

You are not just buying the amplifier, but the company. Making sure you form a relationship with a company that offers good customer service pays dividends not always thought of at the time of purchase. Thankfully, the reputations of both Quicksilver (over a VERY long time) and BAT are quite good, so there should be no worries here.
If you have a new home, a larger listening room and you are a little short on funds, I think the last thing you want to do is to go around switching amps.

The question is do you like the BAT? If you do, the logical thing to do is to sit tight, not "push" the BAT too hard--I never had that problem--and wait unitl you are ready to buy a second BAT. You are not going to get any tube amp that has twice the power of the BAT and sounds as good for less money. You're gonna have to pay more, probably much more or settle for inferior sound.

In the long run, you'll be happier and save money by waiting until you're ready to change your system.

"Wanting is more satisfying than having." Mr. Spoc.

Good suggestion Justin - Keep in mind, not only in considering his suggestion, but in considering any of your alternatives, and someone correct me here if I'm wrong, but doubling your power is only going to give you an additional 3db. You said in your post you need MUCH more power. In my experience I would not consider doubling the power as gaining MUCH more power. That said, if you do like the BAT you have, weighed against the alternatives you are considering and the price you would be paying, I think Justin's suggestion is a good one.

Marco