Bat 150 SE replacing 6C33-B power tubes problems

BAT 150 SE 6C33-B power tubes were replaced with 8 pcs new tubes. 3 of the new tubes blew out the 3 amp fast blow fuses and internal sparks were seen with loud nasty sounds emmitted from mid range and tweeter sections. These amps only feed only the non-bass sections.
The defective tubes are now replaced with good ones. Upscale Audio did not hesitate to send me replacements. Since they are out of stock on current production Upscale sent me NOS without any extra charges.
Is it normal because the 8 NOS tubes are new that the sound is now harsh, metallic and not sweet as it used to be.
Does anyone have any idea how many music hours app. this can take ?
Any advice on this matter is really helpfull to me.
Thank you.
128x128terryakhan

Showing 2 responses by jfrech

Were the sparks internal to the tubes or inside the amp? Something might be wrong with the amp. Anyway, when I change the 6c33 b tubes on my vk75se, it does take a little breakin on the tubes...not much...like a few days. And I don't notice a very big difference. The input tubes do make a larger differnce. The power tubes just seem to have a little more "umph" when I change them.

Try your old tubes again as a test. If you have more than 40-50 hours on new the new tubes, swap to the old. Now I notice a definite change in sweetness when you power down the 75se and turn it back on like 5 minutes later. After a hour of it settling down all the magic is back.

Good luck.
I have RCA red base 5692's in the 6sn7 spots in my 75se. Much sweeter sound. Also I replaced the 6v6, but can't remember the actual tube.

Good luck !