B&W Signature 805s v. Merlin TSM-Ms ?

I am looking for small, monitor-type high-end speakers to sit on end-tables in a 18x20 foot room. Wife doesn't want large and loud; I like clarity. I have a sub if necessary. I've heard the 805Sigs. and liked them, haven't heard the Merlins, though recommended to me. Suggestions/comments re these and/or others most welcome.
mgoldmd

Showing 3 responses by italy71

I have owned the 805 sigs. Really depends on what type of music you listen to, I thought the sigs did a poor job on old rock and rock in general...this is probably because they are so accurate, their sound on rock is very separated, no real PRAT...on the other hand the sigs do a great job on classical and jazz...

The tsm-m sound is more for tube amps, they do not do as well with some solid state amplification...

Hope this helps
"Maybe his other end needs to be replaced"
Jamesw20
I have had 4 other sets of speakers hooked up to the EXACT same system, IMO the sigs were one of the less involving speakers.

That is what is great about audio...what good for one person may not please another

I agree with Maxxc focus audio f688 is an awesome speaker
Must be heard

Carlo
To each their own!!! Thats why audio is a beautiful thing!!!A system can go from cold and clinical to warm and inviting in a change of a IC or power cord. I hope everyone find the sound they are looking for...I am almost completely there!!
My system

I-5 sim audio (I have a limited edition on order as we speak
sony 9000es CDP (next item to be upgraded)
90 lb each four post sylan stands (24")
prosilaway II IC
Homemade power cords

For the record, I do like b&w and there products...just not my cup of tea

Thx
Carlo