B&W Nautilus 803 & Musical Fidelity A3

Hi all.
I've recently upgraded my hi-fi, substituting the B&W DM570 with a pair of Nautilus 803. The amplifier is a Musical Fidelity A3. I've some problems about this combination. I've gained in a lot of aspects (clarity, frequence response, smootness), but I've lost in the soundstage, that is not defined as well as the DM570, especially with music containing a lot of instruments where the sound is a bit "jammed" (I like rock, jazz, but also classic music). After a lot of experiments about loudspeakers positioning, I think this could depend on the amplifier, that has not enought current to drive the loudspeakers.
Is it true? Have someone some results about this combination? Could be the upgrade to a Musical Fidelity A308 a good solution? Or are there other best combination in the same level of price ($2000-$3000)?
Thank you in advance your useful tips!
128x128pinox67

Showing 1 response by aboldor

IMO a MF A3 alone is *not* enough for Nautilus speakers. I've had an A300 (which is supposed to be more powerful than the A3) driving N805's and while the sound was nice, I could definitely feel an improvement when I traded up for a stronger amp. The B&W's need lots of juice to sound their best, so look for a bigger amp or perhaps bi-amping.