B&W 805 to 804

I have the N805's in my system now,but have a good chance of upgrading to the 804's. My one concern is the size of my room. It's 15'by 15' by 7'. I sit 9 feet back now from the 805's and there are 8' feet apart. The 804's will be in the same place,but with them being a larger speaker will I be able to enjoy them at lower levels?
Main pieces are Anthem AVM 30,ATI 1807,Denon 2900.
The smaller speakers are fine but but that dedicated mid range is nice. Little Help Guys.
coach-duplicate-0

Showing 1 response by j_z

The 805s was one of the first speakers I fell in love with, and I have always been a fan of the 804. I have to tell you though that I recently heard 804's with these VAS Audio EL34 based mono-blocks and the combination was OUTSTANDING. I had heard the 804's on Rotel and McIntosh before and these little monos wiped the floor with them. It's all about system matching in this game and let me tell you this combination is ridiculously musical.
The 804's have no right to sound the way they do at 4K retail. Incredible bass- liquid midrange- detailed top end with 0 fatigue. Check it out!!!

www.vasaudio.com

-J