B&W 805 Diamond or Dynaudio C1 ??

I'm trying to decide which is the better speaker for me. I noticed the 805 diamond can be a bit too revealing on the highs due to its diamond tweeter, but I don't necessarily find that offensive. The Dynaudio C1 seems to be a well balanced speaker, very good bass no doubt. Some even mention that the C1 sounds so neutral that at times can be fatiguing, which I haven't heard any claims about that with the 805 diamond. But as overall package, which do you prefer in terms of:

1. Which have the bigger soundstage?
2. Which speakers sounds have mids that sound more organic and life-like?
3. Which is more transparent and disappears more?

I've listened to other B&W 700 and 800 series and do like the overall presentation of how their speakers sound, but I'm totally clueless about Dynaudio, so in a way I'm kinda leaning towards the 805, but I wanna see if others prefer the C1 better.
shinnosuki

Showing 4 responses by shinnosuki

I just like a bit of insight of what to expect when I do audition the C1, which probably won't happen for awhile since its a bit far away from where I live. I still have time to decide as I won't be upgrading at least not until a good 4 months later. Anymore comment about soundstage and transparency between the two speaker would be greatly appreciated. Electronics will also be upgraded after the speakers, thinking about Classe CP 700 or CP 800 and Classe CA 2200 or even Pass Labs or if getting integrated amp, maybe Ayon or Mac 6600, depends on budget. Also considering the placement of the speakers which is near wall for me, a rear port would not be as beneficial on the C1 as oppose of the 805 which is front ported. So I don't know..too many considerations and don't wanna make a bad choice.
Yep, the rear port vs the front port is also very important. In my room, the speakers will be near the wall so C1 is at a slight disadvantage for me. Also my cables are bi-wire..the C1 only takes single pair of wires, which is another downside. This doesn't necessarily mean I have given up on the C1, so I'll give it a audition when I'm in the bay area. But at this rate, the C1 would almost have to be at another level than the 805D. Thanks everyone for your replies. It seems 90% of people have chimed in about the C1, so I'm hoping for more 805D highlights. Also the 805D seems lacking in bass??? I had the impression that its very tuneful, tight, and well timed..of course its not at the same level of the C1 in terms of fullness, but its not enough to say the C1 totally dominates in this area vs the 805D, would anyone agree?
Volent Paragon VL-2 sounds really interesting, definitely on my list. Closest dealership is in NY, but I'm in CA. Any other recommendations are appreciated as well^^
Could it be the power guards are getting tripped cause you have them connected to 8 ohms rather than 4 ohms? I know on B&W speakers and Mac, most people usually have them on 4 ohms and the power no longer trips.