B&W 803S Speakers

The other day, I auditioned the B&W 683 speakers and was very impressed. I wanted to also audition the 803S, to compare, but the dealer did not have any in stock?

To all B&W 803S owners, please provide feedback concerning these speakers. Also, how do these compare to the 683?

By the way, would the 803S work well in a 12'x14' room?
agiaccio

Showing 1 response by dylanhenry

The 803S are GREAT speakers. Very, very good. However, if you go one step up with the 803D, they are AMAZING. The B&Ws with the diamond tweeters are absolutely BEAUTIFUL sounding. They are, however, very expensive.

I also agree with the recommendations for the 805S. I have these as rears, but even for fronts, they would be outstanding. Especially for your size of room, they would be great. They sound MUCH larger than you would assume for a 2-way stand-mount monitor, and they are actually not small speakers either. For music, they do not need a sub, especially for your room.

The 804S are great too, and you would get fuller bass with them, but I actually prefer the 805S. I thought the imaging was better, and as well as the separation of instruments. With a sub, the 805S would be clearly superior to the 804S. Still, with either choice, you can't lose.