B&W 803 D3 speakers - which amp?

I just upgraded my speakers to B&W 803’s and currently have a Mcintosh MC207 powering them for 2 channel music and 5 channel home theater...sound is quite good from the MC207. The question is...how much difference will it make if I switch to a 2 channel amp like the MC462?
mluters

Showing 5 responses by mluters

Thanks for all the info...I'm not against spending the money on the MC462 if it's really going to help with 2 channel sound.  I'm just not sure how much difference a 7 channel 200 watt amp vs a 2 channel 450 watt amp is going to make...if it really helps with "bass control and heft" then it may be worth the investment.  Thanks again.
Thanks again for everyones input...I forgot to mention that I currently have the 803's bi-amped from the MC207 which I think is helping them sound pretty good.  But based off all the suggestions I think I will talk with my local dealer and see about doing a in home demo with either a MC452 or a MC462.
I have a demo setup for today with my local dealer for both the MC452 and the MC462...I will report back
He has a used MC452 for sale that I can take home and try for 2 weeks and the MC462 is at his showroom