B&W 802 N vs. D

I apologize in advance since this is probably an old question, but can someone summarize for me the differences in the sound of the 802 N and 802 D? I am wondering if the D's are worth the extra $$ they go for.
diw

Showing 3 responses by budt

WHy do people who hate B&W keep responding to B&W threads? I will answer my own question: Most( not all) audiophiles I have met are complete geeks who can't seem to tolerate others opinions and tastes. They have the typical "small man attitude".They seem to have a real distain for many highly suscessful brands.They think they know more about engineering than the audio engineers who work for B&W, Wilson,Theil etc. but most of these audiophiles don't possess any post secondary degrees in mathematics,physics or electricity etc. They continually mouth off on the internet like spoiled brats.Yeah, basically they just sound like very highly opinionated idiots with a big yap.
It is in his SUBJECTIVE opinion which is entirely valid for him but no one else.It seems to be the reason there is so much debate in audio.How can you say a $100K amp SOUNDS better than a $500 dollar one? Now,measurements are a different story as it falls under OBJECTIVE data.
I call bull crap on that, blowing woofers left right and center.Unless you guys are complete idiots and are driving the amps into clipping.
I have had many B&Ws including the 802D( which I didn't like) and I currently have the 800D2( fantastic speaker).
B&W are virtually indestructible.
I have been an audiophile for about 30 years and I have never blown any driver in a B&W . I have had Matrix 801 SIII, Matrix 804, matrix 805,805N,804N,803D,802D and most recently 800D2. My current amps are Bryston 7B SST2.