b&w 802 n to what speaker

I have been using the b&w 802n for the past 7 years. I generally like the sound but would like a speaker with better bass and highs. I would like to spend around $14,000. My preferences in speaker characteristics, is clarity, dynamics, tonality. I like good imaging but as less concerned with this. I have heard the b&w 802 diamond and like it but are there better alternatives , especially in the used market. There are some used focal jm lab nova utopia be for sales here. Anyone knows how they would compare to b&w 802n? Thanks for any opinions in advance.
acheung

Showing 1 response by krell1

Northcreek used to be the ultimate crossover upgrade when I had my 801 III's but I never liked the idea of extra speaker lead connections. I don't know who offers an upgrade to the 802N's that I also have now but would be interested if a kit upgrade was available. I have been impressed lately by the warmth and involving character of the Harbeth speakers. I don't know why, they remind me of old 70's advents or JBL's but there is some magic there for sure. They also are not a really robust design for reason and therefore hard to justify the cost but they do draw you into the music which I think is the only thing you might possibly gain from the 802N's. I have had my B&W's for 4-5 years to now and can't pull the trigger on replacing them with much else just for the sake of change and they do quite a bit right for sure.