B&W 800d's or MAGICO V3's?

considering a move from my 800d's to the V3's? is this a side ways move or will it be a big improvement?
koegz

Showing 3 responses by goldeneraguy

Sirspeedy,you have perked my interest in the TAD monitors.
Do you know where I can obtain info on them and do you know of any reputable dealers in the N.E. that will be showing them ??
Sirspeedy,It actually sounds like a well thought out plan.
I contacted Pioneer but received no response to my inquiry on the TAD or their own SX models.
Many years back I was at a dealer in Texas and listened to the Artemis EOS Monitors.The dealer insisted on placing the speakers about 15 feet apart so I could get the full effect of the sound stage.When I asked for the speakers to be placed much closer together he refused.Well needless to say I didnt buy anything that day.Years later I did have an opportunity to hear the EOS in a home system and found it to date to be the best monitor I have heard.Unfortunately they were no longer in business.The price some 18-?? years ago was about $6000.An exorbitant price for a monitor back then.
Today the prices have risen to the $20-30K range.
Mind boggling when I am reminded that my first home in 1965 was $22.000.
I to went the condo route and i must tell you that the condo board that informed me that "noise" prior to 8AM or after 11PM was not allowed soon changed to 10AM and 9PM.My neighbors complained to the board even at 2PM.I have since sold and moved back to a single dwelling.
Well it looks like I'll start by listening to the Magico Minis plus a few others and try not to make a decision until I hear the TAD monitors.I hope I can hold out that long.
Thank you for your thoughts and insight.