B&K ST2140 or Odyssey Stratos 150?

Would the law of diminshing returns apply here? The Stratos is twice the price of the B&K but does it neccesarily have twice the quality in sound? And what about if something goes wrong with the Odyssey while B&K has been around for 20 years. Just trying to make up my mind here and save some money if possible. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as Odyssey amps cannot be auditioned until and after you have paid for them whereas the B&K is available at a local dealer. Thanks everyone.
makhan

Showing 1 response by kingbeezer

I'm not quite sure what twice as good means, but I have owned the ST-140 (not 2140), and the Stratos and they are in completely different leagues. The Stratos whipped it thoroughly in every category imaginable. My advice would be to get the Stratos with the cap upgrade if you can afford it. Like an earlier poster said, Klaus will bend over backward to satisfy his customers and it's resell value runs 85-90% of list. You can also upgrade to a dual mono design (same as monoblocks) down the road if needed.

Good luck!
Beez