b&k amps

the b&k reference 200.1 monoblocs how + where do they rate in the world of monoblocs?
raybo76
Dave - Can you explain your comment on Krell abandoning their principles in favor of euro guidelines. Thanks, Andy
I bought the whole evolution rig to see what Krell was up to with their new designs and I was not happy at all. The sweetness, liquidity and tonality of the gear is gone in favor of a greyish, smoothed over brittle character. Parts are now off the shelf, parts count on the amps is almost doubled and NOT Class A anymore plus they chose to impose AC filtering into the amps (no choice for the end user). Only the Evo One and Two stuff is true class A biased anymore. FPB was Krell at their best.
Love my B&K 200.1 monoblocks. I'm running with the B&K ref 5 preamp with Legacy Focus 20/20 speakers. There's more to the system , but I'm no longer listening to the system. The true weak link now is the recording itself & how it was micro-phoned. Time now is spent enjoying music.BTW, Krell KAV300 CD player, Denon DP72L Turntable w/Shure V5 micro ridge, Tara Labs Balanced interconnects between pre-amp & amps, Heavy gauge Signal wire, bi-wired at speaker terminals & Audioquest interconnects.