Audio research 100.2 any good ?????

I am thinking of buying a audio research 100.2 amp . I am driving monitor audio silver 8 speakers and want a nice warm sound . Is the audio research a good amp @ only 100 watts per channel , or should i step up to a parasound a21 ?
nesto719

Showing 7 responses by nesto719

When you guys say it's getting old  , would this mean that I would need to send it in to get serviced , or just that there is a better sound out there ? Also what Nad models match up well???
I don't have a preamp yet , was thinking of running the amp off of my marantz 7008 for a short period . I really like the thought of integrated as well and demoed the parasound halo integrated and was impressed . Just was thinking that seperates might be a be better option . Just confused about this whole thing I guess 
What integrated amps do you suggest that will match the 100.2 in musicality ? What preamps do you suggest ? 
All great replies !!! Thank you . It's good to know that the 100.2 can't be serviced by audio research . That will definently help steer my direction beingbthatbthe amp I'm looking to purchase is online and definently won't be able to see it in person before purchasing . I'm definently gonna hang onto the speakers for awhile , so I will look into those integrated models . Thank you all again !
The reason I was hoping to incorporate my Marantz is because I don't have a dedicated listening room and use h/t and music listening from the same system