Audio Physics ...Bright or forward?

I have been auditioning some Audio Physics speakers and they do things I have never heard other speakers do, even more expensive ones. Their bass is very tight and defined and the musical trimbe is excellent. But I think they are forward, not bright but have a lot of presents. I am afraid they will be fatiguing over time. I have home auditioned them twice. I need to make a decision, either I buy these from the local dealer buy something else site unheard some where else. I am basically looking for someone to confirm or denigh my thoughts on Audio Physics.
Thanks
Mike
128x128brm1

Showing 1 response by insomniac928

I've heard Virgo 25, Scorpio 25, Avanti and Cardeas.
Heard the Virgo, Scorpio and Avanti in one showroom, Cardeas at a friends place.

I agree with an earlier comment that AP speakers actually have quite different characters. Whereas the Virgo and Scorpio had somewhat similar sonic signatures, the Avanti was touch different. I found the Virgo + Scorpio significantly more musical & delicate and more hologaphic, but a little to the point of having almost too much 'glitz' and blurring dynamics a bit. This might be what you mean by "bright"
On the other hand, the Avanti threw a wider stage but was neutral to the point of feeling a touch thin. Very critical type of sound.

All AP speakers seemed quite difficult with positioning to me, and need to it rather deep in the room to bring out their potential.

Showroom was running them off Simaudio & Trigon gear.

Won't comment too much on the cardeas as (I'm sorry to say) my friend positioned them in a way that was quite evidently unfavorable (due to practical living space requirements)