Audio Mirror Tubadour III vs IV

Has anyone that owned/owns the Audio Mirror Tubadour III DAC upgraded or been able or compare it to the new IV?

128x128kray

@charlesbreese i guess should add. I’ve owned the III SE. was one of my favorite dacs. I was thinking of buying it again, but now that Vlad has a new IV with transformer output (instead of the Duelund caps) I’m curious to hear who has heard it or could compare 

i have the III SE, the best DAC I’ve heard or had in system.. pure magic but I’m interested in the IV. Vlad is a wizard.

I currently own the III SE and Vlad is building me a IV to test run.  I kept having a weird clicking noise with anything coming over USB.  Hopefully his USB reclocker and new transformer fixes my glitch.

Just got the tubadour IV in today and gave it a quick 2 hour work out. I would say the differences between the 3se and 4 are: Clarity better on 4IV: Like a thin veil was lifted. Detail better on IV: Im hearing the details better and more pronounced. Less digital glare on the IV. Base texture and weight definitely better on IV. Darker background on IV. This is only after 2/3 hours so we will see if it changes and gets better or worse. All in all, music sounds right tonally and temporally with exciting bass and seductive midrange. Kind