Audio Aero Prima 24/192 Mk II cd player......

I would like to have some opinions on this cd player .....

Your comments are appreciated.

Chris
bluebull

Showing 7 responses by stanhifi

The Prima is nice but gets blown away by the new and similiarly priced Canary CD-100. It uses 6922 output tubes which allows the owner to upgrade significantly.
The Prima is one of the best values in audio if you can find one pre-owned. At retail price it is somewhat less of a bargain. In either case it buries products at and around its' price including the much overhyped Jolida JD-100, modded or stock.
>>Stan sounds like warren<<
Yes and no. Yes in the sense I am firm in my beliefs based on what I hear. No in the reality that I accept the fact that there is a plethora of players around the Prima's price point; many of which are simply better. I also concede that system dependency is a salient issue. However there are quite a few players that will outperform the Prima if A/B'd in any given system. Thank you.
The Capitole MkII is a very nice component but it is by no means a reference player. Indeed it bests the Prima but not by the large difference in price.
"Blown away" was my metaphor for the combination of sonics and price. That being said, the Canary blows away the Prima.
Warren stop feeling sorry for yourself because the Prima is not the best player at its' price point. That's the issue here and you can't deal with it. I'm not "fooling" anyone as you suggest; my impressions are objective, as opposed to yours, who as a Prima owner are tainted by your own subjectivity and bias. As I said earlier, I have no dog in this fight but you do correct? So stop the silliness and give the other players a listen before taking such a hard-nosed unrelenting posture. Thank you and good luck.
It sounds better very simply. You've been a strong proponent and very defensive of the Prima as evidenced by your plethora of posts on the subject. Unlike you, I have no dog in this fight. It might be difficult for fragile egos, but the Prima is not the best cd player at its' price.
Grannyring, that is a very astute and honest appraisal. Your findings are very similiar to mine. If you have a chance to hear the Canary you will find it better balanced than the Prima plus the bottom end is far more solid. It is one of the finest players at its' price point. My only complaint is lack of full functions on the remote. However the same can be said of the Prima and others in this price range.