Audio Aero Capitole - 6021W subminiature tube ??

I would appreciate hearing from someone who can explain the performance of these tubes in the Capitole, including the typical life of the tubes, whether they are susceptible to becomming microphonic or noisy, and how to purchase or change them if necessary. I believe I read these are really small (like the diameter of a pencil) and that they are soldered onto the board. If that is true, is it then necessary to send the player back to the distributor or manufacturer if they need replaced, or are these readily available and set up for user installation? How many years is typical for the tubes to perform in the Capitole before replacement is necessary? Thanks.
mitch2

Showing 2 responses by mitch2

Thanks everyone, you provided the information I needed. I chose not to contact Globe with this question, because if I purchase one of these, it will probably be used so I didn't want to waste their time.
Again, thanks for the responses. I own the Lector MkII and will soon have the MKIII board installed. I suspect it will retain the same sound with a bit more resolution. I have considered trying the Capitole primarily on the strength of all the positive owner comments, but as I do more research I wonder if that would be a lateral move from the Lector. I was curious about the Capitole tubes because it seems they must last a long time, which is a good thing for someone who doesn't particularly like dealing with tubes, but of course no tube rolling. I recently installed a pair of special NOS RCA triple mica 12AT7's in the Lector, and they are a noticable improvement over the stock tubes, which are also good to begin with. I don't particularly like dealing with tubes so what I would really like is an excellent solid state redbook player that does the same soundstaging and organic midrange thing as the Lector. I just don't know where to start looking at a reachable $3K or so price range.