Are There Any Good, High Power Solid State Amps?

I feel like I'm running low on power with my current 100 watt tube amp, so I'm looking for suggestions. I'd like to try solid state, but I want an amp with an airy, rich tonality. I've been thinking either Pass (love the XA series, but I'm afraid it won't be enough power) Pass X, Krell, Clayton, etc. Can you make any suggestions (new or used somewhere in the $5K - $10k range)?
Thanks in advance.
louisl
ask viktor khomenko about the difference between tube and solid state. it is a fool's errand to think you can replicate the sound of tubes with a solid state product.

there is no free lunch in audio. if you want solid state you get the solid state sound. richness and solid state is a contradiction.
See my review of the Bel Canto Ref 1000 Mk.2 monoblock amplifier just posted on issue No. 43 of Positive Feedback Online. Yes, IMO, this is an example of an excellent SS amplifier at a Real World price.
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue43/bel_canto_ref1000.htm

Guido
O.K. educate me. Why has no one mentioned a pair of Belles 350a run in mono. $8K new $5K or less used. Plenty of power, clean, big soundstage. Now I'm ready, tell me why not.
Post removed