Are scratch LPs part of the game ?

Hi guys,

I noticed that some of my new LPs after a few weeks of playing gets some fine and medium scratches.
I'm very careful when removing them in and out of their plastic/paper sleeves.
despite of them i can see some scratches on the LP surface.
Is there a technique in handling these so that there will be no scratches at all ?
Although the scratches are not deep enough for the needle to jump or skip. It just irritating.
Is this part of the game or is there proper method of handling them ?
I also feel sometimes on brand new sealed LPs that when you remove an LP back from the sleeve that there is some sort of friction between the LP and sleeve-possibly some scratches happening. Again, is this something that can be done to minimize the scratches or this is part of law of physics (Friction) ?
Hoping some enlightenment.

Cheers-Noli
nolitan
Hi Actusreus, I think your right , its more an interpretation differance. To me a medium scratch is something that would effect play. I'm wondering now that you say your new to vynil and are buying mostly new lps if it is more an issue with the quality of vynil that some are being pressed on. I just never had that much of a noticable differance in the records surface condition and especially that quickly. Do some of the new records seam to mark more than others or is it relatively the same with use ? I admit I have not bought many new Lps compared to used but its more of what I want not being re-issued as of yet. I have bought some classic records re issues and a few of their box sets cut at 45 rpm and a few too expensive but good sounding blues lps but I haven't had any issues with them easily scratching from handling. Other than handling and how their stored and if thats all done properly makes me wonder if the actual quality of vynil used might have something to do with it. I remember in the latter seventies the quality of vynil on a lot of domestic lps was poorer than it was previosly. Thats when I started buying alot of Japanese and German pressings. Cheers
No, but a vacume record cleaner is an essential part of the game. IMO if you rank the importance of TT, cartridge, arm and RC machine, the RC machine is #1 for quality sound. I use a Loricraft today but any good alternative including homemade (which I used for many years) will get you far better results than just wiping. I also use new record sleeves for all LP's
The Pledge Dust and Allergen Cloths are no longer being made. I used them for as long as this thread has existed. I'm now on my last pack. What alternatives exist today that do the same job?