Are new Rush remasters better?

I went to my local music store and found that my favorite band Rush has come out with brand new remasters of all of their albums. They remastered (and repackaged) all their CD's. They're not special edition or anything, these new remasters simply replace the old CD's.

I'm curious to get opinions on how much better they sound (if they do) to know whether it's worth it for me to replace my existing CD's. Posts I've read elsewhere say some are bigger improvements than others, but I want the audiophile opinion.

Of course, I'm a little jaded after reading a few posts on here about CD's from the store vs. BMG. The computer tests show they are digitally identical, but people swear they hear differences.
matt8268

Showing 2 responses by matt8268

Can someone please remaster Lincolnl please? He sounds a little harsh and not nearly bright enough.

Alright, fair enough about ponying up $12. But it's a legitimate question since there are 13 remasters, and some are probably much better improvements than others.
I do appreciate your point of view. Using your own ears is very important. Just keep in mind that if the ONLY solution needed was to trust your own ears, there would be no need for an Audiogon discussion forum. There is another goal which is to gather feedback and therefore not break the bank acquiring good sound.