Are future improvements in Amp/PreAmps slowing to a crawl?

don_c55
geoffkait, that's definately a different but interesting approach but how were you able to get rid of the house ac?
Nobody's gonna call TEO Audio out on his endless self promotion?   He can spell the line of bull crap like no other! Well maybe not no other, there is a rock selling salesman who is very accomplished at that as well. 
 Just to prevent some one from falling for his smooth lies I'll let you all know that I have tried his wire and his insanely expensive passive preamplifier  and neither one is anything special. 
 Trust me, it's not a reset of audio at the most basic level or whatever crap line he likes to throw out. 
I have three of Roger Paul's new products. I have always been of the opinion that EE  is an occupation not a science. In the late 1950s and early 1960s, I dropped my EE major and went into physics. Once at a RMAF presentation with two amps, the presenter showed that one amp had good THD in many circumstances and dismissed the other amp. I asked if we were going to hear the two amps, knowing full well that there were no speakers in the room. I was told no. I responded that perhaps the designer of the other amp thought THD was of little import. I left the room.

Roger Paul has dismissed THD and has gained realism. I have demonstrated my system to at least twelve audiophiles, including several manufacturers. Everyone hears the realism.

What they hear is not just the H-Cat equipment, but it is a vital part.

Probably if you are a EE, you will not like it and will persisted in 'knowing' that it cannot work, but if you are a scientist, you will hear the improvements.
Agree Norm. Your post will at least keep this thread from slowing to a crawl. lol

Dave
Pretty sure the whole THD cat was out of the bag back in the late 70’s and early 80’s when relatively high THD tube amps crushed relatively low THD solid state amps in terms of sound quality. So, it’s not exactly news. The tube amps in question sported 0.05% THD vs solid state amps with "vanishingly low" THD around 0.001% or whatever. You know the amps I’m talikng about, the ones that’d rip your ears off.