Are ferrites effective for cabling?

Good day.  I have several ferrites in varying sizes.  Are they effective for eliminating noise or stray inductance/capacitance?  If so, would they be best utilized on interconnects or speaker cables, or both?  Or, should they not be used at all?  TIA for your thoughts.
128x128wisciman99
Post removed 
Post removed 
Thanks everyone for your comments so far, at least the germane ones.  As I suspected is the case with this topic (and most of the others) there is a whirlwind of opinions, both good and bad.  What I am gathering is that there is at least a possibility that they can help a little with noise.  I have a very minute amount of hiss coming from the speakers (I have to put my ear almost literally on the speaker grills to hear it) but the AC hum has been eliminated with the Tice.  I have no problem with a little experimentation, shoot, I did it throughout high school and college, so why not, right? ;-)
Just a brief note. Hiss isn’t really the kind of noise that ferrites address. Assuming that ferrites worked on audio cables, which they don’t.  Carry on. 🕺🏻
Alright, geoff, that begs the question is there a way to eliminate hiss from the signal path?  I probably should have started with that question, my apologies.