Are audiophile products designed to initially impress then fatigue to make you upgrade?

If not why are many hardly using the systems they assembled, why are so many upgrading fairly new gear that’s fully working? Seems to me many are designed to impress reviewers, show-goers, short-term listeners, and on the sales floor but once in a home system, in the long run, they fatigue users fail to engage and make you feel something is missing so back you go with piles of cash.

128x128johnk

Interesting discussion.

I've been through many speakers, some of which I liked a lot but I developed 'fatigue' over time; as much from the tweeter (I think) as with port chuffing.  

Age hasn't helped I think.

I now own 2 pairs of speakers that I really enjoy listening to for long sessions: 1) Triangle Comète 40th anniversary with a 'Magnesium Rose Horn' tweeter: smooth as silk and a lively speaker that throws a wide soundstage.  The second pair are DIY SEAS A26 clones.  Not the last word in detail and extension, but they 'sound' just so right and I know what went into them: the cabs are made of Birch plywood and are nice and solid; the capacitor is a  metalized poly cap from Solen;  the SEAS A26RE4 woofer and the SEAS T35 tweeter that Troel loves.  If anything ever goes wrong with the latter, I'll know exactly how to repair it!  LoL.

Speaker in the past that had that same 'I can listen to it all day' type of sound: An old pair of Mission 710; a pair of smaller Mission Leading Edge speakers.  I'll throw in Harbeth P3ESR and NHT super-ones 2.1; Mirage OM-10. 

The big cause of listener’s fatigue is the un-natural sound. All audio systems in the world sound un-natural (except Wavetouch audio which is an only natural sounding audio system).

When we hear a natural sound, our ears and brain don’t need to work hard to understand. When we hear un-natural sounds, our ears and brain must adjust and work hard to comprehend the un-natural sound. While we hear un-natural sounds, we can’t understand natural sounds such as dog barking or noise from neighbor. So, our ears and brain must quickly change to a natural sound mode. It is hard to our brain and ears switching very fast between the natural and un-natural sound modes.

The un-natural sound makes a listener dizzy and fall asleep easily because the un-natural sound is very confused sounds. It is warning from our brain to our body to take a break. Once broken (distorted) audio signals can’t be restored and most signals are broken from the source (CD Player or DAC).

The characteristics of un-natural sound is confused, grain, harsh, bright, thin, vague, very forward glare, very far sound-stage (tunnel sound), etc. They hurt/irritate our ears always. And our brain and ears are too tired to make out from very confused and vague un-natural sounds. And it causes the listener’s fatigue. Alex/Wavetouch

@mihorn 

All audio systems in the world sound un-natural (except Wavetouch audio which is an only natural sounding audio system).

I haven’t experienced your speakers first hand in my recollection. They may or many not be exceptional, HOWEVER, your statement that your product is the only solution is most certainly FALSE. 

@ghasley 

+1

@mihorn 

Alex, you completely discredited your post with the categorical statement “All audio systems in the world sound un-natural… except for yours. I read no further.