Arcam, Cambridge Audio or Sony: Most musical??

I am looking at a Arcam CD37, a Cambridge Audio 840C, and Sony XA5400ES. I don't give a crap about computer audio; I just want to purchase the "best sounding" or "most musical sounding" with the best overall sound quality of the three indicated CD players Thank you
sunnyjim

Showing 2 responses by zd542

Overall, I agree with Sandstone. I have an Arcam 33 myself. I don't use it as my main player, but I like it very much. Its one of those CD players that you can listen to all day. As far as the Ayre goes, I think its much better than the Arcam. But that doesn't mean you will like it better. Thats a personal choice that you have to make based on your taste in equipment. They sound very different from each other.

Also, I don't really want to tell you what to do, but I would recommend that you don't rely so much on equipment reviews. Its very easy to get caught up in them. I know its a lot more work, but you will get far better results if you make the decision and not the magazine. Eventually you'll find that you don't really need them at all.