ARC sp9,Krell ksa250,Infinity Kappa8. Problems?

I have had the Infinity Kappa8 speakers for a bit over a year. They are in great shape. New midrange drivers etc. I liked them a lot,even with a blown Polydome. I have grown to love them since the repair. I was fortunate to buy them locally, along with a moderately high current amp, the Luxman M117(200 wpc), so I've been having a great time, listening every day.
This forum has kept me both enthused and informed for the past year. I bought a record cleaner. Thanks! I've had the Krell KSA-250 on my mind since the first time I searched the forums;The Audio Research SP-9 is similarly stuck in my mind. Since the SP-9 is the more affordable and available piece I hope to purchase one very soon. I have no doubt that I'll have a Krell within the next year or two.
Unless you all tell me not to go that route. I am looking for feedback,about this combination in general;Do the ARC and Krell "match"? I am also looking for input specifically about the sp-9;What should I expect from my system with the ARC/Luxman combo?
Moreso, I am very interested in the answers to questions I didn't know to ask. Looking forward.
manged3
I had an ARC SP9 with Kappa 8's....the sound was kind of thin....nowhere near robust enough for what the Kappa 8's are capable of. I bought an LS 10 and it was light years better.
The Ksa250 is a very high current amp that is Kind of on the reserved side in midrange/highend dynmaics. A Sp-9 I think would be a very intresting combo with the ksa250. I think that would be a wise choice.
If you scape togther some more $$ Youd want to concider the KSA300S, Much more balanced then the 250 and has more power, a lot more power.Ive owned 7 krells The Ksa300s is a winner. the newer designs would be too BRITE sounding for the kappas.Another intesting choice would be VTL Deluxe300's, tube units Has the krell lowend and a laid back quailty that you will get used to real quick not to mention Enough power to kill the ksa250.
Thanks, The VTL sounds interesting. I found an SP-9 Mk3 on Audiogon. Local seller...bonus! Needless to say I snapped it up. Thanks Patrick. I appreciate the dynamics that the preamp has given me but still find the system a bit bright,even playing mostly vinyl. I have my heart set on a KSA-250. Should I expect the Krell to help with brightness? Are there any known impedance mismatch issues I should be aware of? I do appreciate your help,and it is great to be moving forward with this project.
Hello! [email protected]: I was wondering if you help me: I have an audio research sp-9mklll preamp. when playing in stereo mode only left speaker works:When switching mode to left channel both speakers operate: When switching to right channel neither speaker works!Any THOUGHTS! Thanks! Horseshoe [email protected]
i own a krell ksa250 and electrocompaneit ec4.7 and sim audio moon cd player drive my martin logan sl3 speaker it give me a very good combo and sweet sounding if combind all of these set it cost more than $15000 but my other set sound better than these krell set and cost a lot less i mean a lot less and sound wonderful lot of head room and clearity...