ARC ref 3,5 OR Lamm LL2.1 for my ml2.1

I have been using the AYRE KXR preamp for my Lamm ML2.1 amp. I recently tried the Lamm LL2.1 tube preamp and wad floored at how much more musical my system sounds now. Pianos sounded like pianos. Voice had the mid range magic. One of those great moments where a 7k box beats a 20k box. Now that i realize synergy and tube preamp - i wanted to test the ARC Ref 3 or 5 - anyone experienced this combo and any ideas about the difference between ARC and Lamm preamps on this system?
sterephileinsf

Showing 8 responses by thesaint519

Lewinskih01,

That would be a long journey. But I must admit, the journey is part of the fun. :)
Lamm or Bust... Go with Lamm. I just added an L2 to my system over Dac to amp direct. No comparison. I say again, go with Lamm.
Lewinskih01,

My apologies. I came from the "less is more" camp, where passions run high. After having added the L2, I instantly defected to the "more is more" camp, where passions are equally high. Fact is, the addition of the preamp made me change my paradigm.
I bought my Lamm gear on the used market. The Lamm website lists all their dealers though. I have had personal dealings with Innovative Audio of NY, another Lamm dealer. Scott Haggart came by my home to position my Sashas a few years back. He may or may not remember me. But they've got a great audio salon in the heart of NYC.