Anyone know anything about Canton Ergo 100's?

A matched pair of Canton Ergo 100 recently found there way to me. I can't seem to find anything out about them. Is anyone familiar with these? Things I'm interested in are the year they were made/discontinued and approximate price when purchased. They are about 4 feet tall, have what looks to be a walnut finish, have a heave steel wire grill, have 2 10 inch and a 6 inch woofers and weigh approx 80-100 lbs a piece.
The specs are are follows:
4...8 OHM Impedence
180 watt Din Power handling
300 watt music power nhandling
18..30000 Hrz frequency range

I currently have a B+K 507, and a Denon DVD 9000, and am in the market for 2 side, 2 rear and a center channel speaker to round out the 7.1. Im looking at the Dali Grands as a possible front replacement for the Cantons, and 2 pairs of Jaton Laras for the sides and rear speakers (or the Gershman Cameleons)as well as a Gershman CC-X Center Channel speaker.

Would anyone care to share their thoughts on both the Cantons I own, and whether you think they would intergrate well with the other speakers above, or if they should be replaced.

Thanks-
Slade
jslade

Showing 1 response by nighthawk

If I remember correctly these were made in the mid 1980s. I'm fairly sure the Ergo 100 is the model I heard. Overall a fairly balanced and dynamic sound, but a little bright. I haven't heard the other speakers you mention but, if I had to guess, I'd say Dynaudio might be a good match to the Cantons.