Anyone heard the Micro Seiki DDX1000?

I have been looking for a moderately priced turntable that will sound great and I think I may have found one in the Micro Seiki DDX1000. It is a direct drive table so I am hesitant about buying it but I have seen that a lot of people really want them. The table looks awesome and can mount three different arms, my only question is would I be better off with a used Rega or Linn, perhaps a Music Hall than with a well-taken-care-of Micro Sieki DD? Any opinions?
bmw328iproject

Showing 2 responses by bmw328iproject

I am not an expert on turntables but it is my understanding that belt drive tables have less noise. I have looked around a lot and I don't even know of any direct drive tables that are made today (other than DJ tables). Please shed some more light on the subject if possible....
Thanks for the info. Since Micro Seiki is totally out of business I think I am going to avoid the ddx1000 since parts and repairs are gonna be a bit of an issue especially with the oscillator problems etc. It looks as though my turntable search is far from over.....