Anyone compared Droplet to the Raysonic CD168?

Once owned a Droplet and am looking for something with similar positive attributes, plus a little more in terms of better stage definition, etc.
denf

Showing 1 response by trelja

Mariusz, thank you for chiming in here with your thoughts. While I also have enough experience to comment on the sonic merits of the Droplet versus the Raysonic players, I feel it appropriate for me to stay out of that discussion.

Just one correction, the Droplet 5.0 used to use a Sony transport, and has switched to the long discontinued Philips. The Philips is FAR more reliable than the Sony, which is prone to failure at quite an alarming rate. Luckily Consonance was able to corner a special lot of the Philips transports a while back, and reserves them for exclusive use in the Droplet - all other Consonance players, including the mini Droplet 3.1, use the Sony transport.

Hopefully, the one you recently purchased has the Philips, as there were some other improvements implemented at the time.

DISCLAIMER: I am the importer/distributor for all Opera Audio/Consonance components in the USA and Canada