Anybody tube rolled 845's?

I have a pair of Cary CAD-211AE monoblocks, so I need four 845 tubes. I already have tubes supplied by Cary but these are made in China. I am curious to try different tubes but given the cost of 845's and the fact I need four of them this could prove to be a very expensive exercise!

I am curious to try to KR Audio and the Cetron ones. Both of these are quite a bit cheaper than the RCA 845 (which I understand is the best).

Anyone like to share their experience? Also please state what amp you have and what effect the change had on your system.
amfibius

Showing 1 response by jeffreyds

Another vote for 845Bs. I use them in a pair of Cary 805Cs. I've only compared them to the other Chinese 845s (845A and 845C). To me, they are richer, fuller, and more musical than the standard Chinese 845s. Depending on the rest of your system, you might prefer the 845Cs. These are more detailed with deeper, tighter bass, but are also much brighter sounding. If the rest of your system is dark and warm sounding, these might be the way to go.

By the way, you don't state what 300B tubes you are using, but if they aren't Western Electric, I'd make that upgrade first before upgrading the 845s.