Anybody here upgrade from Chord Qutest DAC"

Chord Qutest is a strong contender, especially with linear power supply, but I’m curious about greener pastures, or at least different-colored pastures. Think my system is good enough to notice: ear 868l pre, pass xa30.8, omega alnico Xrs speakers. Streaming only.

Anybody here upgrade from chord qutest with other chord dacs or different brands altogether? What improved, what was lost?
redwoodaudio
@mmhifi

hahaha add m scaler, then you feel the qutest isn't good enough - need a tt2 hugo or dave

never ends - guess there are worse diseases  :)
I know, it's a crazy perfectionist pursuit, but damn if it isn't fun too.

But seriously, anyone upgrade from a chord qutest? 
I have a Qutest and auditioned the Hugo TT2 at home in my system for a week.

The TT2 was a noticable step up in almost every aspect - greater extention on bass and treble, instruments and vocals had more body and texture, and soundstage was wider. I think it was slightly more forward sounding in my system as well compared to Qutest.

Switching back to the Qutest, on the first day, the music sounded more constrained but as my ears adjusted, everything sounds great and I don't miss the TT2.

I might still upgrade to the TT2 in a few months :)

Thanks. I'm hoping to hear a TT2 from a friend's system shortly. He says similar things. Thanks for the reply. Have you ever heard the M scaler? 
With that ear 868l pre there is no sense going with the TT2...  Do you need an additional embedded pre in the loop? Keep the Qutest and add an Mscaler or go to the Dave...  You don't say what your streamer is...  Maybe an upgrade there would help...  I have a Lumen U1 mini with my Qutest and am very happy with the pair in my system streaming Qobuz Studio Premier...