Any UPS horror stories?

I'm waiting for a visit by a UPS damage control representative for the unit that's been mishandled by them. I want to show him experience any of you went through. If you have any horror stories that involves UPS, feel free to contact me. Thanks.
husaskin
Last August, they're delivery guy destroyed my Electrohome projecter by rolling the huge box from the truck to my living room entrance, flipping it over end to end!!! Not bringing it in using a dolly. The unit was a total loss. The box was ripped throughout and the projector in about six pieces. The only components which survived were the CRTs. Thank God!!! To sum it up, never trust UPS for anything! By the way, They also delivered a box of Maggies to a auto parts store across the street from my friends Hi-Fi store & just left them there on the back porch!! He already pre-paid on them too.
Thanks for writing in guys! The unit I send out was a Golden Tube audio SE-100, power amp. It weighs about 90 lbs including boxes. It was in perfect shape before I sent it out. When the buyer received it, the tramsformer was sticking out to the side. UPS initially said it was not packed right-- funny since I used all the original packaging material and double-boxed it. I've been trying to fight them for the past couple months, but they never get back to you. I'm crossing my fingers for tomorrow's inspection. Hope I don't have to take any further action.
Are you kidding ? This company is a perfect case for a class action lawsuit if I ever saw one. I have shipped 11 different items via UPS and 8 of them have been damaged. Some worse then others. It shows the disrespect their serviceman have for other peoples property. I switched to Fed Ex about 2 months ago and have had no problems with the 6 pieces I sent thus far. Avoid UPS at all costs and pass the word.
A DAC I ordered off of Audiogon came UPS. The guy left it at my neighbors house. He opened it and found out he didn't order it. It sat at his house for 2 weeks until it dawned on him to check the label. He finally brought the unit over, and all is well now... BUT UPS said that they delivered the item, I said I never received it, and the person I was dealing with proceded to tell me I was untruthful about my claim and she took my information (supposedly). No one has called to follow up (6 weeks gone by). My neighbor and I spoke of the situation, since I received a package of his from a retailer about the same time frame that he brought over my DAC. 2 defects in 2 weeks time.... NEVER USE UPS unless you want to get a claim for defective equipment.
They were dropping off a package, and since I had a delivery pickup scheduled, the UPS guy took my package and said he was coming back to my building later and would bring the paperwork with him then. The scheduled delivery man would have had the paper work with him, but I thought it made sense that since he was here, why not give UPS the package now. Well... of course the paperwork didn't come, they did not (or would not?) know the name of the pickup man, and therefore couldn't find my tracking number or a record of my package being ever being picked up. It did arrive, but had the wrong COD amount. They have all sorts of regulations regarding not accepting different COD amounts (understandably), but since the mistake was theirs I thought that I could approve the correct amount and be done with it. But no...they wanted to send the package back to me, so that I could "verify" the correct COD amount! After hours of phone calls with incompetant "management" people they agreed to try to keep the package in the city I had shipped it to and collect the "new" COD amount, but (and get this) they could not contact their own office to arrange this because the phone line was busy all day. I told them that there must be some way to contact their own offices, and they said that there was no other way to reach it, and they needed another manager's help to finally find a way to reach the other office. I faxed a letter to them with the correct amount and after 2 days of phone calls and a big runaround they finally dropped of the package. It nearly blew the deal because of the delays. Needless to say.. I am not in a rush to use them again. Also, what's up with a "4 day" delivery that takes seven? A package is picked up at 10 a.m on a Wednesday, the 4 "business" days are Thurs, Fri, Mon, Tues, the package arrives at 6:30 p.m. Tues. Total delivery time: six and a half days. Did the package stop rolling at 5 p.m. Fri, and start rolling again at 9 a.m Mon?, I don't think so!! Did the 24 hrs of time from Thurs, pickup to the first "business" day (Fri.) not count. I assume that when someone picks up a package and is driving it to another location that it was "business", but I was wrong. What would you call it?