Any thoughts on Pass X150.8 ?

I don't see any reviews or impressions of this amp. Any thoughts?
smodtactical

Showing 7 responses by smodtactical

@shahram what about with ns5000, 4 ohm, 88 db.
@dep14 that gives me confidence, thank you! My dream amp is the 250.8 but a local deal just was stolen under my nose.
@scothurwitz my dealer actually has XA30.8 and offered a demo (but under the condition i buy it or a higher end amp).

Does it really take days to sound optimal? I would like to keep the amp off unless I Am using it.
Ya I'd love the 250.8, there was a pretty solid used deal near me but it sold. I think I may buy a used 150.8 instead. Much more affordable and for me room and speakers probably more than enough power.
Ahh I see. I heard those are great speakers!

"I rather take the Hegel H30 over the pass 350.8. Sorry to do this to Nelson but he dropped the ball with the 350.8. I rather own the 350.5. More musicality and sweetness. The Hegel H30 beats both and it does it quite easily. Whatever pass labs is going to do next to replace the .8 series they need to truly think hard and long because I feel that the .8 series was a failure. I’m pretty much mentally retired from the .8 series from pass. Ain’t a d@mn thing I like about it. Luxman 900u mops and sweeps the floor with the 350.8. Actually, the Luxman 900u demolishes the 350.8 in every single area."
- White Camaross

Interesting perspective.
King you are so right. Extremely well written post! I use online opinions as a guide for things I should try... but sometimes you do have to buy something and then try it and live with it (as WC does). I have seen a lot of positive impressions with the Pass amps and also have engineers on our Sonic Visions discord that are very impressed with the way pass amps are constructed (and they are critical of 90%+ of amp construction out there... even amps costs $100k or more). So the combination of those factors makes me think its a good bet. And because Pass is recognized if it doesn't sound good in my system I can always sell it and probably not lose that much.
I am guessing Pass and luxman (m900u) are fairly safe bets for the reasons above.