any one hear the new b w 683 yet?

was wondering if an one has test drove or bought the new b w 683...the replacement fo the 604 s3...
have always liked the 604s...thoughts...comments
thanks...
seanacape

Showing 1 response by jack667

Entry level? get real. In the UK these speakers are £900. FAR from entry level. We have a "hifi" chain over here called Richersounds, now THAT'S entry level.

PDN, really interesting reading what you have to say. I have first hand experience with 601S3, 685 and 683. The 683s are by far the best speakers I have ever owned. Even better than the $3000 Monitor Audio GR20. MUCH better. The 685s are also incredible value.

As for the 804s being miles away in terms of quality, I disagree. Of course, the finish on the 800 series is magnificent, far better than the new (or old!) 600 series. I have heard both speakers (although must confess, not side by side) and both are fantastic speakers, but not overly different. I didn't feel they were worth more than twice the price, for perhaps 10% more audible performance.

Maybe I'm just bias because I own the 683, but I truly think B&W has reinvented the speaker market at this price.

This is just my opinion!