Analog vs digital?

Hi all! My first posting so please be gentle!
I've just had my old Linn LP12 turntable tuned up. It's been over 25 years since its had any attention. 
Nothing replaced just readjusted and I'm blown away by the result. 
It's so much more involving than the digital part of my system. 
Singxer SU-6, Denafrips Terminator. 
The Linn LP12 and  Ekos arm is over 30 years old.
I'm confused! 
Technology seems to be going backwards. Is it all for convenience? 
128x128nzastro

Showing 1 response by musicfan2349

Ah! Another Linn devotee. I too have an LP12/Valhalla which also got a tune up this year. New belt, cleaned and lubed bearing and a thorough recalibration of the suspension and tone arm. Pop would have been delighted with the result as its performance also improved greatly after the long needed servicing. I do still enjoy the whole vinyl gestalt. I find it more relaxing, more deliberate, than simply dialing up something on my streamer... OTOH when it's Friday evening (cocktail time!) my wife and I do enjoy letting Amazon curate the music and not have to get up to "flip the record". And the sound is perfectly adequate to enjoy a sidecar with and catch up on the week with each other... I believe each have their high points (and disadvantages) but I enjoy the times we live in as audiophiles. Digital gives us the opportunity to explore so much more new music than some of us could afford before and vinyl is enjoying a renaissance of new pressings... Win, win!

Happy listening...