Analog Front End for 5000

I have been listening to digitals. Recently, I bought many classic LPs at very good price. I want to set up my analog system. I purchased a music hall MMF-7 TT to test, but I am not satisfied. I want to buy a turn table, a tone arm and a cartridge with a budget of $5000. I listen to classic music the most.
By the way, how much should I spend to set up an analog system which can sound better than any CD player.
Any suggestion is appreciated.
[email protected]
hzhu1920

Showing 1 response by chaskelljr2001

Hzhu1920:

Personally, I don't think that I'll be spending $5,000.00 on my analog system when I will begin assembling it around next month or so (I am going to spend about half of what you are proposing to spend). But now, if I were to spend that amount, here's what I would go with:

(01). Phono Stage: AcousTech PH-1 -- $1,200.00 (new).

(02). Turntable: VPI Aries -- $2,000.00 (used).

(03). Tone Arm: JMW-12 -- $800.00 (used).

(04). Cartridge: One of the Grado Reference models (but I'll be opting for a low output MC this time around) -- $1,000.00 (give or take a few $$$$$$).

And then later on, as soon as the budget recovers, then upgrade the tone arm cabling, upgrade the cables going from the turntable to the phono stage, and then invest in a record cleaning machine (I'll opt for one of the "mid-level" or "high-end" Nitty Grittys (they seem to do as much as a VPI 16.5 does, but for about half of the cost)), and you are well on your way to a lifetime of analog bliss and enjoyment.

Good Luck..........

--Charles--