Amp / Speaker setup for streaming and vinyl

I'm looking to build a system for music only. The tv is nearby but I don't particularly care about tv sound and like to keep setup and cables simple. Feel free to convince me otherwise.

I previously had a Peachtree Nova and Paradigm Studio Reference 20s and was very happy with the setup. Life happened and I'm now using a Technics receiver that I bought cheap when I was in high school in the 90s and a pair of B&W BM602s I got on CList. Thinking it's time to upgrade.

80% of my listening is streaming from Apple devices through Airplay. 20% is vinyl via an 90s Okyo turntable. Rock/Jazz/Americana. Open floor plan, so a large-ish room although volume is usually modest.

I was inclined to just rebuild the old system but get a Nova 150 to avoid needing a separate phono pre. But it occurs to me that all of my knowledge of available options is about 10 years old. Maybe there are betting options these days?

I would go Toslink from the Airport Express if I got another Nova. I like that it has a good DAC on-board.

So, anyone wiling to recommend a good amp/speaker setup that might trump my default option? Budget is modest. Let's say $1,200ish, all in.

* Wild card question: should I consider active speakers with a built-in phono pre? The simplicity is super tempting but seems too good to be true.*

Thanks!

jekay

Peachtree was WAYYY ahead of the times with the Nova & an all in one solution is,IMO,the ONLY way to go these days.The problem though is I never cared for the combination of Digital Class D amplification & the SABRE DAC's they use in the current production.They just don't have that lucid MOSFET/Tube tone of the original Nova.Too bad prices are WAYYY to high for a decent condition unit.
 In your budget range my $ would go for a Quad Audio UK "Vena 2"..Fully loaded,you can Stream via USB & Toslink or Bluetooth & it also has a Moving Magnate Phono Stage built in.It will be wonderfully musical with a natural tone & bring out the best the 602 speakers offer without highlighting the slightly brite/harsh tweeter...When you save again to upgrade speakers get yourself a pair of Heco "Aurora 700"3 way floorstanding speakers for about $1200.00 delivered.They would THRIVE on the Quad amp..

I was running a Nova 500 with Paradigm S2s and a Servo 15 V2.  I also had a Technics SL-1500 turntable.  To stream I used my iPhone connected with the USB/Lightening cable.  It sounded really good.  I tried some Magnepan 1.7i and they did not sound so good.  I now have Harbeths and they sound great. 

I’m not familiar with the Quad but it seems to have all the features I need. Price looks fine for me. Based on a quick review, might be a little tricky to get in the US though.