Amp/pre for Soundlab M1s Advice: Digital or no?

Recently bought M1s (from Audiokinesis-recommended if you're looking for Soundlabs). I am now looking for an amp/pre, preferably multichannel. I am considering a pure digital signal path strategy - using perhaps Tact Theater RCS and Spectron multichannel. Bad idea/good idea? Alternatives?
I am an expat in Seoul and really cannot demo. I was comfortable with buying the Soundlabs unheard because I have been a long time user of Maggies. But I really would appreciate some help with the electronics.
brianyoon000

Showing 1 response by brianyoon000

Duke - Which switching amps have you heard? I understand Spectrons/Bel Canto/Ear seem to have a great reception among audiopiles - even tube guys. Now very highend manufacturers (Linn/Rowland/others?)with good reputations to lose seem to be putting out some products. The concept of a pure digital signal path with room correction & equalization done in the digital domain is seductive and will be the future of audio eventually. I just wish I could get some real world comments from users about how the current state of art works with electrostats.