Amp for B&W Matrix 803 S2

Hello!

Go a pair of very nice 803 Matrix and now searching for an amp for them. Firstly was looking for Classe CAP 2100 but also got advices to pay attention to Luxman M600-A or Simaudio Moon 600. My budget is around 3-4 UDS/EUR (for a used one of course)... So I would like to hear additional opinions and advices)

Regards,
Alex
alex_bolotnikov

Showing 6 responses by alex_bolotnikov

Thanx for so detailed reply! The room is a very small - about 3,5x5 meters. Please find the attached picture - red dots are the ACs, and green dot is me)
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-zu11EN6OSaM/VUusP3EX6AI/AAAAAAAAHSw/4WIZyCR4k4c/w503-h360-no/IMG_20140507_200054149.jpg

Talking about the kind of music - classic and modern rock, hard rock and metal, maybe jazz...

Regarding BAF filters. It's very contradictory information in the Internet. Someone says that they aren't necessary for 803 S2. Anyway I guess it's not easy to find them nowadays especially here in Russia...
I was also thinking about a pair of Classe CA-M300 - but they are out of my budget and too heavy(
One more available variant - Accuphase A-46. Not cheap also but at least here I can save on shipping and customs.
Unfortunately there are not much variants where to put the ACs... On the left side it's a passage to other rooms so the only possible option is the put them on the opposite side of the room. Maybe it's a good idea as I'm going to remove the left wall so in this case I can put the ACs further from each other.
Here is how it looks now:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-DHshSKeisfE/VVL9RR6-ABI/AAAAAAAAHUc/coZlZNgrV-0/w732-h412-no/20150508_181419.jpg

Regarding my system. The purchase of Matrix was very unexpected... As a temporary solution I have a very old Pioneer reciever which I used as DAC/Amp. Several years ago I converted all my CDs to lossless flac so my idea is to use PC and good professional audio card as DAC.
So finally my Luxman M600A is here. Sounds good especially for such price) Now it's time to think about preamp and DAC. The very first option is Luxman C600F and Aqua La Scala Mk II DAC...