Amazing Solo Piano Recordings

I'm looking to get your oppinions on the best solo piano recordings available. Style or genre is not important as long as the recording is pristine, clear, open and in your oppinion AMAZING! Please if you can, state artist, label, etc., so we audiogoner's can buy 'em!
bwhite
Kissin playing Liszt Transcendental Etudes. He really captures the magic, fire and poetry of this fantastical composer. And I'm not a Kissin fan either. Incredible virtuosity in the truest sense of the word.
Thanks, Buxter, for the DG/Schumman comments. Very helpful. As for your second post regarding Kissin, I'm not a huge fan of his, either, but will give him a listen. What do you think of Pletnev's Liszt?
In general, I like Pletnev, he's a great pianist, and an excellent all around musician, a huge sound, a solid and individual approach to things, but I'm not totally sold. There's an underlying MAC truck thing going on that I find taints everything he does a little. But... that is why he is having a thriving and successful career in this current "marketplace/environment".
And I haven't heard his Liszt. I'll look for it.
Really? A MAC truck? Hmmm... I've found him (in live performance, at least) to be rather sensitive and humble. However, I can imagine the MAC truck analogy being applied to his "Pictures from and Exhibition," although I might also call it "magisterial." His Scarlatti is a little strong, I would say, but you might like the Liszt. Not sure if it's still in print.
I can think of quite a few that I consider amazing, at least in the classical repertoire. (By "amazing", I mean
giving the sense that the instrument is in the room with me. Perhaps the original premise had more to do with the musicianship of the performer[?]).

Lately I've been trying to broaden my musical horizons, to the extent of buying some bluegrass, primarily AKUS, TBGT, Nickel Creek, etc. At the urging of one of my sons, I also bought a CD by Norah Jones: "Come Away With Me". (Not bad, but AKUS is still my "new favorite", heh heh.)

Back to Amazing Piano: track 14 on the Norah Jones CD, "The Nearness of You", contains some of the most natural piano sound I've heard. (Sure wish I could get used to her voice, with its characteristic hoarse whisper! First time I heard it I thought something in my system had gone south.)

Speaking of which:
Question for anyone familiar with this particular CD: What in hell is the noise 16 seconds into track 13,"The Long Day Is Over"? I can't determine if it's a cymbal, dubbed guitar distortion, or perhaps someone knocked the trap set over! Doesn't sound to me that it should be there.

Your thoughts, please?