Amati homage with NO334

Hi
I Have A Mark Levinson NO334 amp , and consider the Amati as an final speaker option . Anyone know if this combo works . I find the 334 to be very musical ,and smooth but neutral.... any thoughts would be greatly appriciated
Thanks Adelin
smaj

Showing 1 response by dilly

I have heard Amati's very closely with Levinson 383/39 CDP & the system was very slow & boring. Later i have listened to the same system with a Mac 602 / Levinson no32 ref pre / no39 CDP. While sounding more musical , still was not satisfying considering the investment. I have also heard the same sys. driven by a Pass X250.2 ? sounded better with more timbre etc. but still not musical & the Mac was better in this area. I don't know if it's the room or speakers but the owner has finally decided to sell the speakers .

As a side note i have heard his signums / no39 CDP / no32 pre. driven by Cary 300B SET mono amps & this system sonded great ! Speed ,musicality, slam , timbre etc. etc.
If you are wondering the 15Watt Cary's could not drive the Amati's.

To answer your question, one of my friends had a 334 driving a pair of Dynaudio Crafft's with no39/ Supartek pre & i liked this system better than the various Amati combinations but still preferd the overall sound of signums + carys to my tastes. Be very carefull with Amatis as amp matching is critical IMO. Good luck.
More to discover