alon model 5 mk 2

what kinds of power amps and sp cables are you using for the alon
i am using the aq midnight 3 single triwire
please comment
thanks norman
128x128jmlab926
thanks for the pics mingles i went ahead and bought a pair of alon V MKII i had to refoam the speakers i contacted Mitch here on this site and he gave some very good pointers i had repaired the surrounds before i contacted mitch for advice and was not happy with the results after some pointers from mitch i refoamed them again (this time using plastic wedges to center the cone) and the results are fabulous i ordered some black orpeus tri-wired cables should be here this week anyhow i have 2 amps one is a mcintosh mc-207 200 watts x7 which i use mainly for home theatre and the alons sound nice with that but when i hooked it up to my musical fidelity hybrid kw-500 at 540 watts a side they sound fantastic
Pardon the hijack- does anyone remember the smaller set of speakers that Carl had set up at CES this year. I know he had the big Vipers but he also had a very nice sounding set of, I believe, monitors or small floorstanders that sounded fabulous.
BTW- The best my Alon's ever sounded in my room was when I borrowed a pair of ASL Hurricanes (using Black Orpheus cables) Boy did they wake up. They were somewhat sterile with SS amplification.
I just hooked my alon v mk 11's to a pair of cary v12r's in stereo. verically bi-amped with the option to switch the bass to ultralinear. So far very happy with the results. Previous amps were simaudio ss monoblocks. Good but the carys present a broader soundstage and to me a more satisfying sound. So far I've kept the bass channels in triode. Doesn't seem like I will need ultralinear except possibly to annoy the neighbors.
Hi,

I have owned V's, Circe's and Phalanx's - all great speakers. I am currently running a pair of micro monitors but would like to get a pair of Alon V mk IIs.

If anyone knows of any that might be available, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

David
I have one grill for Alon V MKII speakers that I no longer need and want to sell if anyone is interested. Contact me.