Advice on Krell amplifier

I am planning to replace my 20 plus year old Audio Research amplifier with a solid state one (tired of dealing with tubes). I’m considering the McIntosh Mc312 and the Krell duo 175xd.  The Krell is highly recommended by a trusted dealer as having a “tube like” sound and going well with my other components.   My other equipment: Audio Research preamp and phono stage (which I plan to keep) KEF Reference 5 speakers, Innuous Zenith 3 server. I haven’t seen many comments or reviews of either the McIntosh or the Krell. I would appreciate any advice, including comments from people who have heard these amplifiers. Thanks. 
fast
Post removed 
@fast If I had a Paradigm Persona I think I would favor the Krell XD. I am actually considering that scenario for the Persona 9H for my downstairs. I wanted to put in a KEF Blade in that same space but may not be able to due to the side woofers. I will determine a solution to this issue later. Considering 9H, Blade (or KEF Ref 5's), and Thiel Cs 3.7 for this space.

I would not want too tubey sound with the KEF, but that is just my personal preference. So I do not think I would look at the Krell XD line for them. The only tubyish sounding amp I love is the Luxman m900u which for some reason I think would also be good with the KEFs.  If I were not set on the Luxman for my upstairs system I would want to try out the much cheaper Coda #8. My upstairs speakers will be Vivid Kaya 45 or 90 which sound very similar to KEF Reference.

I tend to favor the KEF's with more neutral sounding amps, such as Benchmark AHB2, Bryston, Wyred4Sound, and Hegel.  I am currently using a Peachtree Nova 150 with the KEF LS50's and though not as neutral sounding as the above mentioned I am enjoying the music.

Given the 2 choice you mentioned, I think I would look at the Coda #8  for the KEF over the Krell. I messaged 2 or 3 Coda #8 owners on A'gon in the past and their feedback was that they loved the Coda. One was using it with Persona 3F.

KEF Reference are awesome speakers so whatever amp you get for your 5's are likely going to be very satisfying for you.

I just went and re-read what I wrote. I never promised it would make any sense.
Tube like is a dubious term...some tube amps are great some not so much. Same is true for solid state and many other items. Tesla P100 range with a very heavy foot and winter weather is well under 100 miles...no one tells you that upfront!  You need to be able to use and enjoy what your have. I have a complete Krell system Evo 202,525av, 600 monos, lat 1s, vanguard with dac without amp using transparent reference cables and couldn’t be happier unless work allowed more time to use it and volume setting 7 out of 151 didn’t give my wife a migraine in a 6600 sq ft home. Would I buy it again no! It is complete overkill and useless in my home or outside a recording studio. The rare moments I can enjoy it are few and far between but very satisfying. Even the cabinet had to be custom...needed burl wood to match grass cloth wallpaper, be able to support hundreds of pounds of items and complex cooling system to deal with heat as well as custom electrical outlets to offer isolated ground with 20a individual circuits for nearly each item.  

At at least it looks great and will most likely end up in my office. 
The Krell would be the easy winner here.
+1 for the Krell, and it will drive anything now, or later you hook it up to.

Cheers George
I have used Krell Integrated amps for over 15 years in my two main stereo systems ( Krell KAV 400 xi and Krell S 550i). I have pushed Maggie’s with both integrated amps just fine and Maggies have to be the most inefficient speakers built. The sound I get is amazing - midrange, bass and imaging are the best I have heard. Just be aware Class A power runs hot! But it sounds great. Krell service was needed on my 550i and they were great! Go with Krell and you will be happy! I am!