Advice on equipment

New to the vintage HI Fi Collection.  Just looking for

some feedback and advice.  I currently own three receivers.  Sony STR -V7, Fisher 800C, and a Carver 6200.  I’m currently running the Sony with Large Advents and streaming Spotify with an Audioengine Bluetooth antenna.  
The Fisher is getting restored, the Carver just needs cleaning and a bench check.  
I need

to be saving for a better set of speakers and really wanted opinions on what would be a good match.  I was planning on a set of Klipsch Forte IV because they are so efficient and seem to be a good match for all three receivers.  They are just out of my reach financially but I am impressed with the 99db and low bass response.  Is there a speaker that I should consider in the $2,000.00/ pair range.  
Also if I were to consider selling one of the receivers which one would you let go?
W

vcheney

Showing 1 response by fisher_400

With 30 watts per channel from the Fisher and assume your other receivers produce at least 30 watts it would be over 90dB sound pressure at 3 meters with 87dB sensitive speakers. That is loud. I am not fond of Klipsch unless they are Cornwall or Khorns. If you must have high sensitive speakers buy Cornwall and never look back. No problem with the Cornwall competing with $3K and higher cost new speakers.