Advice for bookshelf speakers

It is time for me to consider getting some new speakers and I'd like some advice.  This is a secondary system where I watch movies the majority of the time but I still like the speakers to sound good on those occasions when I listen to music. I need to replace my left, center and right.  The speakers I am replacing are KEF XQ1s and an XQ2C.  I can live with just a left and right if the manufacturer does not make a center channel.  These will be driven by an AVR, not separates and will have a sub to pick up the lower frequencies.  I have some WAF dimensions that need to be adhered to: 9"-10" from the back wall, no taller than 17" and the left and right tweeters will be 55" apart.  I would prefer there not to be a precise sweet spot since we sit in various areas on the oversize couch facing the speakers.  I'm not really too hung up on budget.  Somewhere between $2-4K total would be where I would like to be.

Given the above, I was thinking about sealed or front vented.  I don't think rear vented would be good for this situation but I could be wrong.  I have only done internet viewing and no listening.  I have looked at Salk's website and have also thought about ATC and ProAc.  I've also looked at Ascend (too narrow of a sweet spot?), Fritz (rear vent), Watkins Generation 4 (are these vented?) and others and just wanted to bounce it off this group. Thanks in advance.

dlm110

Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2 EX. Absolutely wonderful and the EX version has solid bottom end. Even better is the BMR Philharmonitors, but size may disqualify them. They’re even better than the Sierras, and that’s saying a LOT.  If you can afford them, Dynaudio Heritage Specials.  Prolly have to spend $5500 for used, but resale value is assured.

JBL L110 is a fine, well-balanced speaker, a real sleeper - sometimes available for just a few hundred bat skins.  I keep at least one pair around for temporary use (trailer trip, special occasion at kids house…).

Can't help with any real-world suggestions (neither of my favorite 2-ways would work well with an AVR) ... but I totally agree w/OP's comment about sealed/acoustic suspension possibly being better close to a wall.

My home office system is space constrained, with ~12" between the back of the speakers and a front wall + picture window. Sealed speakers are affected less by proximity effects than ported ones (have had multiple examples of both here).

So my vote is for sealed, not ported speakers.

If you can find them, consider Reference 3A de Capo's. 15" high. Huge sweet spot (mine are 58" apart), high efficiency (92db). They are rear-ported; however, mine are about 18" from the rear wall if you can finagle that