Adding two JL Audio F110's to my 2 channel system

I am running Focal Diablo Utopia's with my BAT vk-300x integrated.  As good as the Diablo's sound they need a little help in my 2800+ cf room.  Hence, adding two F110's.  What is the best way to hook these up?  The f110's have a balanced Neutrik receptacle as well as line level inputs.  I would like to use the balanced preamp out on my BAT.  So, do I need a balanced cable with Neutrik connector on one end for the sub and standard XLR connector on other end for the BAT?

BTW, tried getting a hold of JL audio but customer service never answers phone or returns messages.  Any guidence would be appreciated.  

128x128freddy50

Showing 1 response by markel

Freddy, I also have 2 JL f110's.  They put a solid floor under my Wilsons Sophia 3's.  I'd also like to go the JL crossover route as James suggests, but it's not cheap and will to wait for now.  Until then, here's your confusion; the Neutrik connections on the subs double as balanced XLR connections.  I run balanced out from my McIntosh pre amp, left and right channels into the subs.  I used a test tone disc, a sound pressure meter and the subs own room correction to dial them in.  Although not as good or precise as the JL active crossover, it will get you close.  You're going to be very happy with these two subs. Good luck and let me know if I can be of more help.
Mark