Acoustat model 22/2200

Totally awesome in my 20x12 audio only room. Granted they dont play loud and need gobs of current/power. The Spectra Series gets it right. Too bad they had to close, from a few disgruntled reviewers, sales dropped because of it. The power of the Quill is deadly...One of only a slew to feel it! The panels damn near indestructable, not like the newer stats or panel speakers today. These are Classic"s
musicbox78
I’ve had my Spectra 33’s since 1988. They really don’t fit my current (smaller) room but I don’t care they are still very special. Yea their classic's.
I have a pair of Spectra 3's. They were purchaesd new by my dad in 1987 or 1988. He used them for a few months and replaced them with Soundlab A-1's. He handed them to me about 5 years ago. They are awesome sounding speakers but need a lot of power to make sing. Although its the only pair Acoustats that I have heard, I have a feeling that they in general were underated speakers.
I believe the reason the Acoustat 2200 got mediocre reviews was a lack of amplifier power. I had original Quad ELS's for 15 years, and the Acoustat was the only speaker to make me want to switch. They had the same beautiful mid range, but much better highs, lows and imaging. But the Acoustats didn't really sing until I mated them with a Conrad Johnson Premier 1, which is capable of putting out over 250 watts into the very difficult Accoustat load.
Hi my name is MrAcoustat i have owned 5 pairs of Acoustats since the 1980s 1+1s - 2+2s - Spectra 22s and 33s i say five pairs because i now own another pair of highly modified 1+1s that can be seen in the members system or just google MrAcoustat system at the volume that I listend to the 1+1s are the best of the ones that i have owned but my fried Jocelyn that modified mine owns a pair of MODIFIED Spectra 6600 ++++ and i do mean plus plus plus all metal frame they weigh 600 pounds each the transformers are completly seperated from the panels in wooden boxes they don't only look good they sound incredible i have put a picture of his Acoustats in the audio circuit under Spectra 66 dollar for dollar NOTHING beats Acoustat