Absolute top tier DAC for standard res Redbook CD

Hi All.

Putting together a reference level system.
My Source is predominantly standard 16/44 played from a MacMini using iTunes and Amarra. Some of my music is purchased from iTunes and the rest is ripped from standard CD's.
For my tastes in music, my high def catalogues are still limited; so Redbook 16/44 will be my primary source for quite some time.

I'm not spending DCS or MSB money. But $15-20k retail is not out of the question.

Upsampling vs non-upsampling?
USB input vs SPDIF?

All opinions welcome.

And I know I need to hear them, but getting these ultra $$$ DAC's into your house for an audition ain't easy.

Looking for musical, emotional, engaging, accurate , with great dimension. Not looking for analytical and sterile.
mattnshilp
Memory Player can run anything. JRiver, Tidal, Roon, etc. but only certain types of software can take advantage of the single core system they employ (no idea how it works) to get the most out of their system. 

Steve, as far as I know both Baetis and MP recommend using JRiver as their software of choice. I asked Sam about Amarra and he said he didn’t think it was Windows compatible. 

It apears Amarra is available on windows. I have Sam checking out the free trial version. He’s a bit under the weather so I’m not rushing him.....

Hey Sam, are you done yet? 😇
I read up a bit on FiData. It seams to be in the same category as Antipodes, Melco, some of the Lumin, some of the Aurender, Music Vault, YFS, SoTm, etc. 

Without intentionally fueling the fire, at $5k I would imagine it is very good and is comparable to the other $4k to $8k servers I have heard. If someone wants to arrange an audition for me I’m happy to put the time in to give it a chance. But I won’t pursue it on my own. I am trying to get the Innuos SE in for audition but they seam to be selling out faster then anyone can put them on their shelf for display. 
Matt, after a lengthy cable comparison I decided on the LH Lightspeed (later called 10G) quite a while ago. Did you ever get a chance to listen to it in your system? I just might try to find out how it compares to the 20G. Do you know if the 10G is upgradeable to the 20G?
Haven't been in this thread for a while, so will see if I missed anything important.
@bill_k  thanks for the information, glad to see there is now a USA distributor.  The dollar price quoted looks suspect, in Europe 1TB model is €7,500.

Matt, the fidata is in another class compared to the top Melco, Innuos SE2, SOtM etc. that’s why I mentioned it would be good to audition. It can be used as a network audio player via USB to a DAC or server via LAN to a streamer.