A new turntable under 500-700euros

I'm 63 years old and I've got 2 turntables 1) Linn sondek LP12/Ittok/Ortofon MC30Super and Thorens 160S MKV/TP90/Ortofon MC15Super. I switched to CD for the last 20 years for two reasons: I didn't like the sound of both turntables, it was musical but fat at the bass and dull and second I was used at the CD sound and I couldn't stand the clicks, pops and scratch of the vinyl. I've got about 1000 records mostly used but at good condition. Now I want to start listening again to turntable. I will sell the turntables and I will buy a direct drive turntable. Any proposition for a DD turntable under 500 euros or exceeding 700euros the most? And a cartridge under 200euros preferably a non elliptical stylus because all the elliptical cartridges I have heard are exaggerating the problems of the used records? I prefer a MM cartridge with conical stylus something like nagaoka MP100 or Sumiko Black Pearl. Conical styli don't have the detail of the elliptical ones but they are much more silent and subdue the imperfections of the records.Thank you all. 
rawbleed

Showing 1 response by mayoradamwest

It does seem like OP has some strongly held beliefs from 20 years ago and isn’t willing to change. Has he even gone to hifi shops to listen to some tables? Maybe the same Linn but with a better cartridge? My 2c. OP has 2 great tables. What he needs is a new cartridge (sound), and record cleaner (pops and clicks), and a willingness to accept change. Technology moves. He keeps talking about CDs. CDs are going the way of VHS and cassette. Streaming in the future of hifi, and by future I mean now. I love my turntable (Rega RP8+Ortofon Cadenza Black), and would not describe my table as sounding anything but “musical” and virtually no clicks and pops (thanks Okki Nokki)